Sunday, November 27, 2011

Low Rider Donny... Donny, Low Rider

I'm excited, I had a very nice time off during the Thanksgiving weekend. Spent time with my family, ate some good food, spent $1200, played some football... Oh well backing up to the spending $1200, I ordered the components of the front suspension this weekend. I was very happy that I was getting free shipping, and saved nearly $200. I was also amazed with the service of speedwaymotors.com. I had previously order the cross-member off their website on a Sunday morning, and had it Tuesday afternoon. When I placed the order for the components Saturday around one o'clock, by four i received a phone call explaining that some of the pieces were out of stock, and they wouldn't ship for a couple weeks. I was amazed to receive this call so quickly and even more so on a weekend. It makes me wish speedway had more parts available for my truck for me to order from them.

I spent a little time this weekend getting the frame ready for the cross-member and soon the components. Also I removed the steering column. Just a little more work before welding can be done. As I have also tried to keep up to date on the fender work I've been accomplishing while at school I have gotten one tail light nearly complete with just the rest of the fender needing to be straightened before sending off to primer. The other fender still needs more fiberglass work. It is looking just as good as I imagined it, I am happy with the results. Hopefully my next post will include pics of the components and the cross-member on the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment