Friday, October 14, 2011

I ain't nobody dork

I've been trying to get caught up with all the progress I've been making on my truck in the past year and half or so I've had it. In the last post I got up to where Iroh got moved to a shed for the winter. So in the spring I began scrapping down the interior, and taking everything out of it. I picked up a like new seat from a '05 Colorado, a tilt steering column from a Chevy van. The cab has the only three spots of rust I'm going to have to fix on the whole truck, above the windshield, bottoms of the doors and a little on the left cab corner. I sprayed the interior with flat black primer, so it's looking pretty good.
 For the rest of the truck I will be getting new independent front suspension, I have a 454 big block Chevy that will make its home between the fenders. It's bored, steel crank, and double roller timing chain. I don't have a transmission at the moment, but I've got a Ford 8.8 rear end to get the power to the wheels. I feel bad putting any Ford parts in my Chevy, but it has disk brakes, posi, and 3.73 gears, so I'll get over it. Currently I have the fenders at school doing some body work on them. I am customizing the rear fenders to house Cadillac taillights.

No comments:

Post a Comment