Monday, October 24, 2011

There is a big Orange Rat in the Garage

There is no replacement for displacement, my dad told me a long time ago. I'm very excited to have a big block to be dropping into my pickup. Just recently I got some paint on it while the weather is still warm enough to apply it. Growing up I did not like the Chevrolet Orange engines. I thought orange was just a bad color for a motor. However it grew on me, and now it is the color of Iroh's engine. With a little chrome and aluminum to break it up it looks awesome. Just need to bead blast the intake manifold and get the oil pan on.
Progress in school has been a little slow. I only get at most an hour and half to work on my fenders a day. It makes getting the tail lights in a long process. I've got one of the fenders stripped of paint, I need to get it primed before I am able to completely weld the taillight housing in. In my opinion though I think the Cadi lights will add an awesome custom look to the truck. If they look bad I can always cut them off in the future and re do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment